Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Communication and Collabortion in ECE



As soon as I read this blog assignment, I knew immediately who I was going to write about.  I have been working for the same company for the past 8 years and have always looked up to one person for their leadership.  Caryn demonstrates exceptional communication skills in regards to the field of early childhood.  She speaks clearly and confidently about the subject.  During discussions she listens intently, repeats her understanding of your point of view, and makes the environment feel safe for opening up during dialogue.  Caryn asks many questions during conversations to ensure her understanding as well as to involve you in the discussion.  She makes you think about your views and opinions and does not instill her own opinions upon you.  

I would very much like to be an effective communicator like Caryn.  She exudes confidence and makes all participants of a conversation feel at ease.  I am excited to gain some exceptional communication behaviors through this course as well as by learning though my peers.



4 comments:

  1. Hi Erika,
    Your post made me think about an exceptional boss that I had a few years ago, Donna. Like your boss she could talk to anyone with confidence and poise and if she had a criticism, it never felt like a put-down but rather like a suggestion. When I was working to get promoted I consciously modeled my behavior after her, and yes, I got promoted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erika

    I wish I did have the opportunity that you have to work with someone that has the traits you mentioned in your post. Good communication in this field is needed and demanded because we workd with parents and children. As principals they must be able to advocate for childrena and families. Thanks for sharing a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Erica,

    I enjoy reading your post and I also agree that listening skill is a very important part in communication. After reading your post, I learn that it is also very important to not misunderstand others. Asking questions to ensure understanding of the topic and involving others in the conversation are crucial communication skills. Thanks for sharing.

    Lufei

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Erica

    I enjoyed reading your blog aswell. It is vital that we are able to
    understand people on many levels which includes effective communication.

    ReplyDelete