Thursday, July 26, 2012

Research Around the World


The website that I chose to review further is http://www.earlychildhoodaustralia.org.au/.

What are some of the current international research topics?

I found that many of the research topics in Australia are very similar to the research topics that we are studying in the United States. For example, The Research in Practice Series that is available through the website provides practical, easy-to-read resource, offering effective new approaches for those challenging issues which arise in the care and education of young children (http://www.earlychildhoodaustralia.org.au/, n.d.).  Some examples in the research series are partnerships and working together with families, learning and teaching through play, and learning with computers.  Each of these topics are areas in which we have studied through our courses at Walden

What surprising facts/insights/new ideas about early childhood did you gain from exploring this international early childhood website?

I found that Australia possesses a code of conduct that offers early childhood educators a framework of guidelines and educational responsibilities.  This is similar to the U.S. based NAEYC. 

What other noteworthy information did you find on this website?

The website had various resources for parents and professionals in the early childhood field.  It contained resources links, book recommendations, free journals and publications, as well as scholarly articles pertaining to recent issues and trends affecting the early childhood field.



Reference



6 comments:

  1. Hi Erika,
    I was checking the websites of Africa, and I am happy to read your post to let me know what else is going on in the other parts of he world. I think the guidelines are good for teachers, so teachers can have clear idea of what to do and of what the expectations are. It is also good to know that we can find different resources at that website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erika

    I see that great educators think alike, I chose this link as well. The website offered so much information. The RIPS was my favorite part. I look forward to becoming a member.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Erika! I'm so glad that others are finding this website helpful. Of course, the comparisons with NAEYC had me from the beginning. I signed up for their magazine, and I've actually been in contact with someone from the website who will be attending this year's NAEYC conference, which I think it pretty unbelieveable. I'm excited. Thanks for sharing!
    PS: I asked if they had a recripcal membership for NAEYC members, and they are looking into it... I will keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Erika,

    It seems this Australian organization made an impact on the class. Lois also seemed to have a similar opinion about this organization. I will be looking forward to reading some of the articles and perhaps also joining in! I am glad to have my Walden colleagues pointing out great info. Thanks for sharing your perspective :)
    -Angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Erika,

    I chose the same website as you did. I agree with you that the code of ethics in Australia is very similar to those stated in NAEYC. For international research topics, I focus more on the Asian early childhood field as I work in an international school in China. I'm particularly interested in the multicultural education system, such as Singapore.

    Lufei

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erica,

    The quarterly publication Everyday Learning Series appeared to be essentially important to the parents and caregivers of Australia. There was a check out area online where people could purchase the book online I even noticed there was a currency converter on the site as well.

    ReplyDelete