Saturday, June 23, 2012

Week 8 FInal Post for Issues and Trends


I have gained a magnitude of valuable resources through this course.  I am thankful for all the insights I have been exposed to through the resources, my international contact as well as through my Walden peers.

1        1.  Poverty is a growing concern in my community.  I have researched my community and learned that many families are in need of food, clothing and shelter.  More importantly, I have gathered a plethora of ideas on how to ensure children and families have access and knowledge of the help that is available.  It is my job as an educator to ensure children and their families are aware of help that exists.  Some families may have too much pride to admit they need help.  Providing subtle aid to families may be necessary.   
2       2.  I have learned lots from having an international contact.  I was hesitant in the beginning to make contact and now I am so glad that I did.  It is very interesting to obtain knowledge about an education system across the country and learn that their struggles are very similar to ours here in the US.
T      3.  The web resources that I have begun to follow have truly enriched my profession as an educator.  I have found many websites that I have used to train the teachers I work with as well as continue to build my own knowledge further in the field of early childhood education.

My goal is to continue to utilize and research websites further for my continued education and experience and to stay current with issues and trends affecting the field.

3 comments:

  1. Erika,

    I agree with you about the multitude of resources gained from this course. The resources have been gained from class readings and from fellow students.

    One of the things I have learned from this class is the importance of staying current in regard to issues and trends in early childhood. I plan to continue to use the resources from this class and use them to enhance the knowledge of the teaching staff at Head Start in Williamsburg.

    I wish you well as you pursue your master's. I have truly enjoyed "chatting" with you and learning from your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Erika,

    You did a great job in making contacts in other countries. In fact I used your suggestion and have made some contacts of my own through social medias. I have also learned a lot about hidden poverty in the UAE and how it is addressed by the government. This course has indeed provided us with invaluable resources for our future researches and learning about the current trends regarding early childhood.
    Thanks a lot of all your posts, and comments. I wish you all the best with your future courses and hope our paths cross again
    Maryam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for all your posts in the last eight weeks. I enjoyed learning about international early childhood programs through your conversation with your contacts. I wish you all the best in your future goals and schooling!

    ReplyDelete