Friday, May 4, 2012

Global Contacts


I have taken several steps in order to obtain professional contacts outside the United States.  I used the resources given through the course as well as a few of my own personal leads.  I have attempted to make contact through two community college representatives, a cousin who lived in Germany for ten years is getting my a couple phones numbers, and I have also emailed some contacts through searching Google.  None of my attempts have paid off yet, but I am hopeful that in the upcoming week I will establish communication.

The early childhood website I decided to study is Zero to Three, http://www.zerotothree.org/ .  I particularly liked this website due to the various topics the website addresses.  Zero to Three mission is to inform, train, and support professionals, policymakers, and parents to improve the lives and promoting the health and development of infant and toddlers

5 comments:

  1. Erika,

    I feel in good company now that I know that at least one other person is experiencing the same issues that I am with making contacts with people from other countries.

    I am already familiar with Zero to Three. It is a great website. They also have wonderful for parents. I know you will enjoy finding out all of the resources available.

    I look forward to communicating with you during this course. Thank you for your post and for helping to ease my anxiety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erika,
    I have been on the Zero to Three site several times looking for information and various activities to use for literacy development. It is a great site. I look forward to hearing your perspectives and thoughts on the information you find.

    Good luck with the contacts, it seems that most of us have not had luck so far. Hopefully soon we will all make a connection soon.

    Good luck!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Erika,good luck with your contacts, as I'm going to needs some also. I have not heard from those that I have contacted.

    I think that Zero to Three is going to be a great site, because it has many difference topics concerning the babies as well as the toddlers.

    And this is our 4th class together Erika, nice to no that we are hanging in there. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Erika,

    I have been referring to Zero to Three website for their great articles. I also introduced it to the parents in my class and other teachers at school. I think it is a very rich and user-friendly website. It is a shame that our efforts to make contacts with professionals out of the US hasn't paid off yet. But I won't lose hope and will continue contacting more professionals. I think these could be contacts that we can keep for the rest of our professional careers. Carol introduced a great idea on her blog of approaching the parents for more information or maybe contacts. I am going to give it a go!

    Good luck,
    Maryam

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are in the same boat with the difficulty of finding a contact from another country. I am sure with all of our efforts one will eventually work out. I also chose Zero to Three as one of my websites. I really like their approach to reaching parents, educators, and advocates. I look forward to spending more time on their website and applying some of the many things they mention to bettering my childcare center.

    ReplyDelete